Monday, July 23, 2012

It's True What They Say...

When I first started this blog my intention was to blog all things fashion and fashion includes makeup, right? I am a little late to jump on the band wagon but I have to share my own rave about the Revlon Lip Butter.
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter


 I recently got a giftcard to one of my favorite makeup stores- Ulta for my birthday and I knew just what I was going to try based on all the latest raves on Youtube and blogs everywhere. Amarixie provides a wonderful review on these products. Including swatches, you gotta check it out! Anyways...


I picked up a few colors as they were buy 2 get 1 free $7.49 each (still going on this week) I picked up Strawberry Shortcake, Candy Apple,and Creme Brulee. They come in about 20 shades so I picked up one in pink, nude, and red.


Naturally I have been gravitating to pinks and nudes and Strawberry Shortcake is the perfect pick. Its not too blue or too dark its just wonderful especially for me because it provides the perfect shade of pink on my pigmented lips. I also have had really dry lips and lipstick is very hard for me to wear as it dries them out but not with these sticks. They are more of a chapstick and a lipstick in one!!! They moisterize but provide beautiful color the best of both worlds. Creme Brulee is a wonderful nude and looks amazing with a bronzed face and gold/brown shadow. love it!!! Not sticky and they smell vanilla-y too!


My latest rave though has to be the Candy Apple! I never wear red lipstick, I have always felt that the color was never right or that I had to wear a primer and use a lip liner to get that perfect pout. Not with these!!! This color is gorgeous!!! Its easy to apply and looks fantastic with a neutral face.


Have you tried these? What are your favorite shades?! I am totally coming back for more, I'm thinking raspberry pie next!!!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try this. I am loving the Revlon Just Bitten lip stain as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i will have to try that! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete